Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Society of the Next Big Things


Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog. As an aspiring fashion designer, I thought, just as most of you did, that starting my own fashion blog would be a great way to show off my knowledge of design as well as my favorite haute couture dresses. My goal changed after taking a browse through all the different fashion blogs here on Blogger. You'd be amazed at just how many excellent fashion blogs are out there. Currently, as we all know, the most popular fashion blog is that of Sophia Signorelli who was featured in Teen Vogue. Personally, I love her blog. But then again, it did bug me more than a little that all you other wonderful fashion bloggers had to stand in the shadow of a girl who, while undoubtedly talented, got to have a million different comments on just one of her posts while most of us would be excited by just one.

What I'm trying to say is that if we would all team up and share our ideas, we could interact with one another. If we don't, there will always be one blog that gets all the attention while the rest of our talents go to waste.
So...if you give me your blog name and I check it out and deem it worthy of my links list (my requirements: just that you seem authentic and basically that it doesn't suck. Easy, right?) I'll add you and even occasionally mention you on my blog whenever I see something I really like. At the same time, I'm also going to keep my my own blog which I would really, really love comments on. If you give me feedback, I'll be sure to do the same for you.
Meeting each other online will be almost as cool as meeting each other for our first year at Parsons or F.I.T.
Share the love (and of course any info you have on the lastest D&G collection),
Gigi